Monday, July 5, 2010

"Nabi"

Welcome to NabiScans!

I named the scanlation group as "NabiScans" based on Nabi from Hangah, Lee!
Nabi is adorable ~ >.< But "Nabi" isn't just some random name the author came up to name a cat. It's has a cultural meaning to it. The exact meaning varies, but here are some:
  • Nabi in Korean means butterfly. When a cat is playing with a butterfly, it seems like the cat is saying "butterfly~ (Nabi~)" and playing with it.

  • Butterfly's wing is big and it flys low, so it looks similar to a cat playing.

  • Cats like butterflies.

  • Cats walk lightly like butterflies.

  • Monkeys were called "Nab" in the past because they excell at climbing the trees. Since cats are also good at climbing trees they were called "Nabi", derived from "Nab".

♥Nabi - ♥Butterfly

3 comments:

  1. thankkk youuuu so so much !! I have just discovered this manhua and the story is really fantastic!! so original !!!! it reminds me kinda of Tsubasa reservoir chronicle !!! I love all the characters, they are so adorable and touching!! this story is amazing so please don't give it up!! thank you for your hard work !! I know it takes a lot of time to scanlate a chapter so reallyyyyy thank you thank youuuuuu !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, may I ask you some question. Can I translate "Sfumare" into another language with your translation and scan? And where did you get the scan? I can't find it. (sorry for my bad English)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please contact me with this address (sorry for bad English): kinata@zing.vn

    ReplyDelete